Occupational Tax

The City of Villa Rica welcomes your business to our community!

The Occupational Tax/Alcohol License Division of Community Development is responsible for issuing alcohol licenses and occupational tax certificates. Please notify this office if you have an ownership change or a location change.  

Every business in the City must apply for an Occupational Tax Certificate and renew it annually. Annual licenses expire on December 31 of each year. Unless specifically exempt under state law, occupational tax is required for anyone who:

1.  Maintains a business location within Villa Rica limits or
2.  Solicits business within Villa Rica (personally or through agents) or
3.  Picks up or delivers goods or services within Villa Rica

Separate occupational taxes are required if there is more than one type of business.  Download an Occupational Tax Application  here or obtain one by fax, mail or e-mail.  

The home occupation ordinance also applies if a business is located in your home and the same application is completed for an in-home business.  

Businesses that sell or serve alcohol must also obtain a beer and wine license.  You may obtain information on alcohol licensing by clicking on the Alcohol Licensing link below.

Occupational Tax
Nyree Simpson
Licensing & Permitting Specialist 

Fax Number:

571 W. Bankhead Highway
Villa Rica, GA  30180

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
City of Villa Rica | 571 W Bankhead Hwy Villa Rica, GA 30180  |  Phone: 770-459-7000  |  Fax: 770-459-7003
Contact Us  |  Site Map   |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
E-notify RSS Feeds Twitter Facebook